Sunday, October 17, 2010

Recent projects...

So, besides sewing for my business and everything else that keeps me busy, here's what I have been working on:


Felicity's birthday bubble dress


I was at Target recently when I saw a dress in the little girls section that I just LOVED. I tried to find a picture of it on the internet but couldn't. It was an empire waist bubble dress, light blueish/purple with dark purple polka dots all over and it had a dark purple waist band and big bow tied in the front on one side. This picture is the closest I could find to it except fuller, shorter sleeves and a bubble skirt:


I loved, LOVED the dress until I looked at the price. That didn't stop me though. I just decided I'd make it. I bought brown polka dot corduroy and bright pink fabric and made this adorable dress for Felicity! I was so happy with how it turned out! I even liked it better than the one at Target. This is probably my favorite dress I've made for the girls! Bubble dresses are so much fun to make!






Hair Accessories


I've just discovered the joy of making hair accessories! Here's a few I've made for the girls and for gifts. Some of these are also in my etsy shop.


Fabric Flower Bows

Flower Headband
Covered Button Hair Ties


I've also been making tulle and chiffon flowers that are perfect for adding to shirts and sweaters or just wearing in your hair. I'm going to do a tutorial on how to make them soon... when I find time!

Makeup Bags

Also, my latest creation for Young Bananas is plastic lined, zippered makeup bags. I made one for my sister for her birthday and everyone one who saw it loved it so I decided to add it to my shop.





There have been a few other projects I've been working on but I'll share those another time (plus I haven't taken any pictures of them!).

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great job on the dress! Makes me wish I could sew. Did you use a pattern, or just make it up yourself? Katelin would love this dress!

Bethany Butler said...

I usually make my own patterns. Who is this? Someone I know? - I am always happy to make custom items for people.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails